Home Electromagnetic Murchison Minerals Ltd Obtains Remaining PYC Target Assays and Commences an Airborne Electromagnetic Survey of the HPM Project in Quebec

Murchison Minerals Ltd Obtains Remaining PYC Target Assays and Commences an Airborne Electromagnetic Survey of the HPM Project in Quebec


Murchison Minerals Ltd. (TSX-V: WALL OTCQB: MURMF, TSX-V: MUR.V) announced impressive results from the exploration program which was completed in the fourth quarter of 2021 on its 576 square kilometers (km2) high Plateau project nickel-copper-cobalt Manicouagan (HPM), Quebec.

The Burlington, Ontario, based on the exploration company’s assay results from the remaining six holes in the pyc target confirmed the presence of broad zones of near-surface mineralization of low-grade nickel (Ni), copper (Cu), cobalt (Co) through the pierced part of the target.

Murchison said mineralization at the PYC target when combined with high-grade Ni-Cu-Co results from the adjacent Iron Bar (BDF) Zone targets and numerous electromagnetic (EM) potentials across the property, the camp demonstrates potential scale of the HPM project.

READ: Murchison Minerals reveals encouraging results from its inaugural drill program on the PYC target on the HPM nickel project in Quebec

To build on the inventory of highly promising EM anomalies identified in 2021, Murchison announced the start of an airborne electromagnetic survey that will cover the full extent of the HPM project area. The investigation is being carried out by Aurora-based Geotech Limited using VTEM technology, which successfully detected massive to semi-massive sulphide mineralization like that found at HPM.

The company said a previously conducted VTEM survey only covered 15% of the total property and detected more than 50 EM anomalies with follow-up prospecting in 2021 detecting nickel-bearing sulphide mineralization in several locations. Additionally, EM conductors identified from the recently launched VTEM survey will be followed up with an extensive ground survey program during the summer of 2022, the company said.

The company highlighted the following results:

  • Hole PYC21-005 drilled to a depth of 170 meters (m) intersected several zones of sulphide mineralization containing Ni-Cu-Co totaling 54.97m in composite thickness, including 9.38m at 0.51% Ni Eq, including 2.68 m at 0.92% Ni Eq and 19.12m grading 0.37% Ni Eq.
  • PYC21-006 hole drilled to a depth of 285m intersected several zones of Ni-Cu-Co bearing sulphide mineralization totaling 66.93m in composite thickness, including 21.5m grading 0.42% Ni , including 3.50m at 0.80% Ni and the calibration equation 12.68m 0.31% Ni Eq, including 0.86% Ni Eq over 1.27m.
  • Hole PYC21-002 drilled to a depth of 257 m intersected several zones of sulphide mineralization containing Ni-Cu-Co totaling 36.86 m in composite thickness, including 15.12 m at 0.51% Ni Eq, and 1 m at 1.12% Ni Eq and 2 m at 0.84% ​​Ni Eq.

In a statement, Murchison Minerals CEO Troy Boisjoli said, “The results support our assessment that the HPM project is an emerging Ni-Cu-Co neighborhood, and our value-accelerative exploration strategy has Murchison well positioned to significantly advance the project. . »

He added: “This comes at a time when the 2022 federal budget contains $3.8 billion in funding for critical minerals over the next eight years. There is broad bipartisan support for critical minerals in the United States and commodity prices are at decades-low. »

Meanwhile, Murchison Minerals Vice President of Exploration John Shmyr noted that HPM’s project now includes PYC with confirmed Ni-Cu-Co mineralization on the 550m drilled part of the 1.95km strike length, and the BDF zone with “completely unconstrained high-grade Ni-Cu-co mineralization” and several exploration targets.

“These results are only 15% of HPM’s total project area and we look forward to receiving the results of the VTEM survey being completed on the other 85% of the claim area that falls within the footprint of the rocks. similar potential mafics,” Chmyr added.

The VTEM survey will consist of flight lines spaced 200 m apart for a minimum of approximately 3,200 km of line. However, additional lines are likely to fly at tighter spacing of 100m where conductive targets are identified, the company said.

2022 exploration campaign

In addition to the exploration program, Murchison is preparing for a summer drilling program on the HPM property. Drilling at BDF will focus on expanding and delineating mineralization, where assays have returned grades up to 52.15m of 2.04% Ni equivalent, the company said. Exploration drilling will focus on the “highly prospective” Syrah target which is located 300m from BDF and sits above a 600m long conductive zone with a similar EM signature to BDF.

Contact author Uttara Choudhury at [email protected]

Follow her on Twitter: @UttaraProactive