MATCH DAY INFORMATION
[4 / 3] Purdue (19-3, 8-3) vs. Michigan (11-8, 5-4)
Saturday February 5 | 2:30 p.m. ET | Mackey Arena (14,804 / SOLD OUT)
FOX (Tim Brando, Nick Bahe)
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana —
The No. 4-ranked Purdue Boilermakers are aiming for their fifth straight win as the Michigan Wolverines travel to Mackey Arena for the team’s first of two meetings in six days. The Boilermakers enter the contest just a full game behind Illinois in the Big Ten regular season title race and the events of the next eight days will go a long way in determining Purdue’s status as a league favorite.
Purdue comes in with a 19-3 record, while Michigan is 11-8. The Wolverines own top-50 wins over San Diego State and Indiana on the road.
The contest will be televised on FOX with Tim Brando and Nick Bahe on the call. On the airwaves, Rob Blackman and Bobby Riddell will be on the ground on the Purdue Radio 22-station network and online on the Varsity Sports Network (app). Live stats will be provided on StatBroadcast.com and updates will be provided on Purdue’s official Twitter account (@BoilerBall).
NOTES TO KNOW
1) A victory would give matte painter his 400th career win (25 at Southern Illinois, 374 at Purdue).
2) The Boilermakers have already surpassed last year’s win total with nine regular season games remaining (18-10 last season).
3) As of Feb. 1, 2021, Purdue is the only national team without a double-digit loss. Purdue’s seven losses during that span were 1, 3, 9(ot), 9(ot), 2, 5 and 3 runs. In regulation games only, Purdue’s five losses in that span are 1, 3, 2, 5 and 3 points.
4) Zach Edey and Jaden Ivey were named to the Wooden Award’s Season Ending Top 20 list. Ivey was named one of 10 finalists for the West Award for the nation’s best shooter, while Edey is one of 10 finalists for the Abdul-Jabbar Award for the nation’s best center.
5) Purdue only needs one win per 1,000 in Big Ten regular season games. It would be the first program to reach this mark.
6) Michigan is the only team the senior class (Hunter Jr., Stefanovic, Williams, Wulbrun) has not defeated.
7) Purdue leads the Big Ten in scoring, field goal percentage, 3-point percentage, 3-pointers made, rebound margin, and assists.
8) Saturday’s game marks the 150th at Mackey Arena against Big Ten opposition under matte painter. The Boilermakers are 116-33 (.779).
9) Purdue leads the nation in offensive efficiency (125.7) and has only been held under 1.00 points/possession once (Indiana – 0.98).
10) Purdue has trailed in double digits in just three games this year (Villanova, North Carolina State, Indiana) and won two.
11) Since 2014-15, Purdue is 34-15 (.694) in the month of February, having won four straight games in the month, all in double digits.
12) Purdue’s six quad-1 wins are sixth-best in America and their 6-2 (.750) record is the fifth-best percentage.